Saturday 6 July 2013

Back to the blogging business on Beauty Artiste...

Hello fellow readers, I noticed I haven't blogged on 'Beauty Artiste' for a few months and only recently I sat down at my desk and thought to myself, "I really need to write up a new blogpost!"

So here I am, writing to you all about what I have been up to and recent purchases I have made.
I never usually explore higher priced foundations, I only look at the beauty counters and oogle the amazingly beautiful foundations, these brands have! I usually stick with the safe, highstreet foundations that are usually well known, easy to use and non fussy. Brands such as, Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline, Loreal and many more. Honestly, this year I have been sticking to Rimmel as they have been making great products and I have great feedback for all of their beauty products. For foundation, I've been sticking with the renowned favourite, Rimmel's 'Wake me Up' radiance foundation which has been an absolute *holy grail* of mine. Honestly this foundation is RADIANCE in a bottle. It brings light to the skin and just makes you feel a little bit special when you wear it. It's a very affordable foundation and the bottle lasts you a long time!

Now on to the more higher end news..
A few weeks ago, I was reading an issue of Vogue magazine which I purchase each month as a bit of a pamper read. I was reading through the pages, as you do, until I noticed a section on makeup expert tips and that seasons must-haves. It was all about Estee Lauder, a higher end beauty brand that has such beautiful beauty items, who wouldn't resist?
On the side of the page, there was a little advert that instantly caught my eye... The advert showed several Estee Lauder foundations and the benefits of each foundation on each skin tone, and such. What caught my eye the most, was that the advert said you can receive your complimentary 10-day free trial of one of the Estee Lauder foundations and try it out, to see if you like the foundation then purchase it if you got great results!
So I thought, 'Why not make use of this complimentary sample?'
The advert was mostly advertising the 'Double Wear' foundation from Estee Lauder, which has been quite a popular foundation, and is at an appropriate price. 'Double Wear' has gained its popularity due to it's long wearing properties, is non fussy, and is so very classy.
Within the next week, I went to my nearest Estee Lauder counter and received this fabulous sample. I chose the 'Double Wear' foundation in the shade 'Cool Bone'.
*To give a little clue as to how I have been going using this foundation, I must say I have great feedback and many great things to say about this particular foundation. I will have a full review of this foundation up on the blog very soon for you all to read and indulge in..

Now on to the creative side of things, lately I have been doing some decorative styling and adding more glass wear to my dressing table and bookshelf. I'll post up some pictures of the decorative styling ideas and pretty things I received this week.

Enjoy reading on and keep smiling!
x


 Gerbera's are so lovely and just add such a bright feeling to the room.. 



What are your favourite type of flowers this season?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment